Thursday 15 October 2009

Why Can't You See?

Why do you appear blind?
I passed you today,
But I was just a face
In the passing crowd.

I walked on,
Pretending of your non existence,
But then I stood still,
Turning back around,
To face the crowd.

You haven't changed in any way,
Still have your hair up
in the "nurses bun".
Looking elegant,
Same stance,
Yet I do not approach.

I wanted to,
To get unresolved issues answered.
To ask questions that play on my mind,
All coming from when I was a growing child.

My heart melted slightly,
Remembering the aunt I once adored,
The one that cared for us,
For our family,
Yet who would have known
That the future would bring,
Broken promises, tears and back stabbing lies.

I laughed with my mum,
Your sister,
Knowing that you wouldn't approve
Of the forward style I have,
But what am I to you; Nothing.

You have been gone years,
Why can't you see?
Can't see who I have become.

If nana was here today,
There is no doubt in my mind
That our family would be united,
But alas she isn't here,
So we are divided.

Her rose bush will always bloom,
For the love of her family,
Shame it's fallen apart,
But the way I see things now,
It's your loss.

You may be grieving right now,
But without a strong family by your side,
Doesn't it make you wonder,
How much support you would receive,
How much love that you would have felt,
Yet you decided to go down a different path.

You've failed to see your family grow,
Three different personalities,
Three different sets of life,
Three humourous adults,
Thought provoking,
Yet you remain blind.

You will never see,
Of what could have been,
A joyous time in your life,
Nephews and a niece,
Growing up,
Gaining minds of thier own.

"I was blind but now I can see"
If only...
Why can't you see?
You've hurt me...

© Clair Sanders