Friday 16 October 2009

Lost Soul

To watch you crumble,
To watch you fall.
Makes me worry,
That you will lose it all.

As a friend I can see,
That your in trouble,
And not worry free.

To turn to your demons,
To go back to the gutter,
Doesn't help matters,
So I watch you falter.

To be drink free,
To be happy,
It's always been a possibility.

Dreams are often hard to reach.
But a lost soul like yours..
Need a familar hand to reach out to.

No matter how mad I become,
No matter if I contemplate throwing in the towel,
I am a friend.
A confidant,
And a listener.

I don't, nor will I judge you by your problems.
The only time I will judge you is by your actions.

Be the man I know you can be,
Then your dreams may become a reality.

Stand up,
Be counted,
Be strong.

Use your mind and your strength
to get you through the demon.
Pour the drink away.

There is one thing I never want to do,
And that is to break you in to two.

So stand up,
Make your voice heard,
Make it a new beginning and not the end.

Be a survivor,
Be who you want to be.
A husband, a father, a brother and a friend.

Good luck to you on your journey,
May you get there in the end.

© Clair Sanders